Monday, October 16, 2017

My NameCheap Nightmare!!!




NameCheap, What Happened???


How does a company go downhill SO FAST??? πŸ˜ 



I have been using NameCheap as my domain provider for my two blogs, for many years. 

Up until recently, they have provided acceptable and at times, even excellent service. That unfortunately has all changed.

With my recent email switchover from MYWAY (now out of business) to GMAIL, in Sept. and Oct. I had hundreds of email updates to complete. Most of them went without a glitch and took a few minutes each to complete. 

Not so with NameCheap! 


As of today, I have been trying for over 3 weeks to complete what should have been an easy email update with them. 

They seem to have a glitch at their end, not allowing my (and probably for lots of other people) a GMAIL account to be used as my new email address with them.

Their support staff refuses to acknowledge this glitch at their end and keep telling me to go through the same useless steps, over and over and over!!!

You read that correctly, WEEKS to update an email address!!! 

And it's still not done.


You can read my complete update here and also note my rating for NameCheap which I previously had at 5 out of 5. They have now slipped to a 1 out of 5. 

Speaking of 1, I also noted that at the Better Business Bureau, their current rating is also a 1, F!!!! That I'm not surprised by either.
                                              

If you are looking for a domain provider, hosting service....BEWARE!!! 😠

19 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such a hassle but I have never heard of either company. Presumably they are both Canadian. Hope you soon get things sorted. Good luck Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually just one company Diane, based in the U.S..I have a contingency plan in the works.πŸ˜† They aren't going to waste any more of my time. I wrote to them for the last time today and told them to stop sending me their silly emails with no solutions, just the same "crap" over and over that isn't working. They really have slid in a big way.😣

      Delete
  2. Thank-you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment! I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your domain provider. It's odd to go from fantastic to horrible in a short amount of time. I wonder what's happened to them(?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently a lot of other previously happy namecheap customers have had similar bad experiences recently. The fact they have an F rating with the BBB speaks volumes too.

      Now I'm guessing the BBB is the other one Diane was referring to above?? 😊 Again not a Canadian company, I think they have offices around the world for the BBB. A very large consumer advocacy organization.

      Delete
  3. You shouldn't have to go through all this aggravation. This is ridiculous. And all just to change an email address. They obviously don't care about retaining customers. Not a company I'd sign up with either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy with namecheap for a lot of years, but something has drastically changed there to go from good to completely unacceptable customer "service". 😣 I wouldn't recommend them to anyone now, just the hope.

      Delete
    2. That should read, "just the opposite". Google editing strikes again lolπŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog and taking the time to comment.
    A happy day to you. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, glad you stopped by too. I love your fun avatar photo.πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  5. i am "old" and have yet to step away from the antiquated hotmail. my kids still tease me but i am not good with situations like this so i stick close to what i know and what is familiar!!

    what a bummer though...i feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bummer Debbie that has wasted a LOT of my time, all because of their dreadful customer "service". Thanks for your empathy.

      I'll work this out but I'm not impressed!!!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, how awful for you, having to go so much aggravation...and just to change an email! What IS it with these people? They seem to complicate everything!! :/
    I really do feel for you.

    Sending Big Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs dear Ygraine.πŸ’ŸSending a big one back to you. Hope things are going better for you, in every way.

      As I said above, I will work this mess out but it should have never happened. Just ridiculous how Namecheap has treated me.😣😣

      Delete
  7. How in the heck can something like this happen - crazy! I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the word for it Sandy, just CRAZY!!! I really can't remember any other company that even came close to something so stupid, through the years. They sure aren't thinking about their online reputation.😣😣

      Delete
  8. This is not OK at all.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree.

      Greetings from Vancouver Island.πŸ˜€

      Delete
  9. __ Geraldine, I'd never heard of Namecheap; my hope is, now you'll find easier sailing across these internet seas. Best wishes! _m

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Magyar. I have since found out that mine was far from being an isolated case with NameCheap. I have figured out a way around this but I'm not happy with how they treated me, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...